Brooklyn Tool & Machine Co., Inc.
custom machine parts since 1917
The Brooklyn Tool & Machine Company was founded by Henry
Neuman and Alfred, Charles and John Zipsner in 1917 as Brooklyn
Machine & Tool Works at 451 Hudson Avenue in Brooklyn, New York. The
company moved to 380 Canal Street in Manhattan, New York, in 1918 and
in 1920 was incorporated as the Brooklyn Tool and Machine Company,
Inc. In 1923, Henry Neuman bought out his partners and remained as
sole proprietor for many years.
Henry's older son, Milton, joined the firm in 1933 and was joined by his younger brother, Edward, in 1945. Control of the Corporation eventually passed to Milton's son Robert and Edward's son-in-law Mark Rubin.
The company moved to 50 Dey Street in Jersey City, New Jersey, reincorporating as Brooklyn Tool & Machine Company, Inc., and relocated to facilities at 33 Race Street in Hillside, New Jersey, in 2001.
The Brooklyn Tool and Machine Company closed shop in 2004. To see an archived version of the company's complete web site visit http://brooklyntool.neuman.us.